certified and National Natural Food Association approved Natural
Healthcare and Nutritional Healthcare Correspondence Courses.
These courses will enable the participant to understand the principles
of natural and nutritional healthcare and how to apply the knowledge
of sound health into daily life (to view details of the Herbal Certificate & Diploma Courses, or to download a brochure / enrolment form for those courses, please click here)
- These are
- You can
enrol and complete the courses at any time
- No previous
qualification is necessary
- Ideal for
those interested in natural healthcare
a background knowledge for health industry retailers and their
- Can be
completed at one’s own pace
Healthcare and/or Nutritional Healthcare Certificates issued
upon completion which complies with the 1981 Medicines Act
certificated courses are ideal for those interested in natural
healthcare and nutritional healthcare, health industry sales personnel
and for the beginner, while still providing information for the
more experienced. Both courses are easy to follow and are available
as complete correspondence courses accompanied by questions, so
that they can be studied and completed at your own pace. Certificates
will be issued within three weeks of completion.
to read about the director - Dr Janice-Ann Priest - Kn. NC. Dip
Herb. Cert Reflexology. HbT. D.Sc. Chartered Natural Health Practitioner.
Courses are NZ$150 each for NZ residents. For overseas orders, postage is added to the Course price.
Alternatively, you can purchase courses via Healthy Options web-site's secure shopping cart using Visa or Mastercard.
1 Basic Steps For Wellness
2 Basic Causes Of Health Problems
3 Herbal Health
Use Of Herbs
Classifications Of Herbs
Preparation Of Herbs
4 Medicinal Herbs
Medicinal Herbs For Dealing With Various Health Complaints
The Parts Used
5 Vitamins And Minerals
Signs Of Deficiencies
Vitamins And Minerals In Herbs
6 The Natural Medicine Chest
Suggested Remedies To Have On Hand
Ointments And Creams
Biochemic Cell Salts
Powders, Tonics And Applications
7 Dealing With Common Ailments
Problems That Delay Healing
Lists Of Common Complaints And Corresponding Effective Treatments
8 The Process Of Staying Well
Holistic Overview Of Health
• So You Want To Study Good Nutrition
• The Basis Of Sound Nutrition And Healthy Eating
• A Wholefood Diet
10 Tips For Healthier Eating
6 Steps Towards A Healthy Nutrition Programme
Improve Your Digestive System
8 Tips For Nutritional Buying
• 20 Facts About Food
• The Main Foods That Cause Degeneration
• Foods That Are Needed To Stay Healthy
• Nutritional Foods
• A Few Rich Sources Of Food Nutrients
• Food Combinations
• Acid / Alkaline Balance
• Food Classifications
• Food Cravings
Identify The Craving
The Ensuing Cravings Are Commonplace In Today’s Society
Other Specific Cravings
• Foods and Moods
• Guide To Vitamins In Fresh Food
• Guide To Minerals In Food
• Vitamins and Minerals In Herbs
• Different Ways To Use Your Herbs
A Few Tips On Your Water Intake
• The Essential Food Nutrients
• Introduction To RDA Levels
• Vitamins In Combinations
• Minerals In Combinations
• Summary Of Nutrients And The Deficiency Symptoms
• Specific Guidelines For Sound Nutrition
Nutrients For Digestion
• More Food For Thought
• Times To Eat Certain Foods
• 12 Digestive Destroyers
NZ Traditional Herbal Medicine Senior Course of study is unlike any other course in Herbal Medicine that has gone before, not only because most of the formulations are Malcolm Harker’s original creations, but also because of archaic information not found in any other
course of herbal instruction available in New Zealand today.
This thesis does not consist solely of folklore, nor is it just a repeat of what has been taught elsewhere. The course
includes the latest data and research on herbal properties
along with archaic information and Malcolm Harker’s own
observations from over thirty years of herbal research, formulating, administering and manufacturing of herbals. Please Note: A preliminary Certificate qualification in
herbal medicine is required to commence this course.
NZ TRADITIONAL HERBAL MEDICINE SENIOR COURSE
Offers enrolment at any time. Correspondence only. Provides 2 field days for plant identification and practical
formulation of tonics and lotions.
Study at your own leisure. Expected completion time approximately 12 months.
Opens the door to a rewarding lifetime of healing with
herbs and Nature.
Gives over 90 original Malcolm Harker Herbal formulae.
Teaches the properties, use and administration of herbs.
Bestows the title ‘Senior Traditional Medical Herbalist’
- The Mythology of Herbs
- Doctrine of Signatures in Traditional Herbal Medicine
- Mankind’s Long Association with Herbs
- Planetary Association Influences on Herbs
- Herbal Medicine: Mankind’s rightful heritage
- Disease: What is it?
- Nutritional Discussion
- Positive Weight Loss (Sequential Eating)
- Herbal Materia Medica
- The Medicinal Categories of Herbs
- Gathering, Storing and Preservation of Herb Integrity
- Preparation Categories
- The Stomach, Intestines and Bowel
- Let your Foods Be Your Medicine
- New Zealand Medicinal Herbs
- Herbals rich in Silica for Skeleton and soft tissues
- Herbals for the Blood, Circulation, Heart and Arteries
- Herbals for the Liver, Gallbladder, Spleen and Pancreas
- Herbals for Lymphatic, Glandular and Immunity Systems
- Herbals for the Skin
- Lung, Throat and Respiratory Herbals
- Herbals for the Urinary System, Bladder and Kidneys
- Brain and Nervous System Herbals
- Alterative and Astringent Healing Herbals
- Herbs to Relax the Mind
download brochure / enrolment form
- Basic Correspondence course, enrolment at any time
- Bestows you the title of ‘Herbal Consultant’
- Includes booklet on herb identification
- Expected completion time approximately 2 to 3 months.
- Study at your own leisure.
- Introduces you to the wonderful and rewarding world of
- Includes dozens of traditional herbal remedy recipes
- What is Natural Health?
- Basic Anatomy and Physiology
- What are Herbs?
- Common Herbs and their uses
- Traditional & Folklore Herbal Remedy Recipes
- Other practical uses